Hello everyone! Welcome to the first edition of the Manta Monthly Rollup. We’ll use this space to recap our biggest highlights of the month.
Let’s dive right into it!
And the award for most exciting launch for this month definitely has to go to our Trusted Setup: at the time of writing, we are on track to break the record of most contributions (current record is 1114) to a trusted setup ceremony in history!
>>>> Don’t know what the Trusted Setup is? TL;DR: A Trusted Setup ensures the security of the prover/verifier keys by contributing randomness and destroying the toxic waste, making it secure and trustless. The Trusted Setup Ceremony is a procedure done once to generate a piece of data that must then be used every time some cryptographic protocol is run. The ceremony requires participants, like you, to generate this data. So, the more contributions, the more secure and decentralized the privacy is. Extended: read here.<<<<
We are averaging 12 contributions an hour: in this setup, only one person can contribute at a time, and it takes a bit of time to register each person. Currently, the queue is over 3,000 contributors long, so when the queue dies down a bit we will let users know via Twitter.
For more accurate, up-to-date stats, Rob from our dev team has made this analytics site to see wen trusted setup.
Calamari’s Move to DPOS
We’ve completed the Delegated Proof of Stake migration for Calamari, enabling on-chain staking of your KMA and becoming a Collator!
We are now looking for Collators and Stakers
Stakers: If you have your KMA already, head straight to our dapp to see staking rewards and start staking.
- More in-depth info in our blog post
Collators: Everything you need to set up a collator is in our documentation.
- If you would like something easier to understand, Kenny did a walkthrough on how to set up a Collator in under 10 minutes. Instructions and crowdcast can be found here.
We put out some nice educational refreshers on topics that not only affect Manta, but the greater crypto/privacy community. Browse through these topics to get refreshed on your crypto vocabulary:
💃 Events: IRL
- DOTbrno: What is a ZKSNARK?
- SFO Blockchain Week: Polkasummit, SF hackathon, team offsite
- IPFS Camp Lisbon: Privacy with Nym and Zcash
👩💻 Events: Online
- Collator Interviews: How to set up a Collator in under 10 minutes
- Binance Academy Webinar: How zk proofs will shape next-generation Web3 applications
- The Kusamarian: Manta, Polkadot’s ZK privacy solution
- Subspace AMA: Multichain Series