Minting zkBABs Are Live!
You can now mint a privacy-enhanced Binance Account Bound Token through Manta Network’s NPO platform.
Manta Network has officially launched its first zkSBT through the NFT Private Offering (NPO) Platform. Leveraging the existing Binance Account Bound (BAB) token, an SBT offered by Binance as proof of KYC, Manta will allow any BAB token holders to mint a corresponding, privacy-preserving zkBAB. The zkBAB marks a major new milestone in on-chain identity, offering both a level of compliance verification with on-chain privacy benefits, delivered in a decentralized manner that is controlled by the user.
The zkBAB delivers a similar digital verification experience as the BAB for Binance users who have completed Identity Verification, but with an additional layer of privacy. The added privacy allows users to verify without revealing their wallet address, assets within the wallet address, or transactions made from the wallet address. With zkBABs, users are able to complete proof of Binance identity verification in web3 without revealing any information.
🎉 Early Adopter Incentives
- True Free Mint, with free $KMA to facilitate your zkSBT mint
- Free OAT Campaign
- Giant Squid NFT: zkBAB Edition
- Zealy Campaign
About Binance’s BAB
Binance Account Bound (BAB) tokens are the credentials of Binance users that have passed KYC. Since it is a type of Soulbound Token (SBT), it has three key properties: it is non-transferable, it cannot be transferred from one address to another, and it is revocable. It can be revoked by issuers. One UID can only have one BAB token at one time and on one chain. You can learn more about the BAB token here.
Beyond the functionality of a normal BAB, the zkBAB powered by Manta Network offers these additional features:
- User-friendly: Combined with Proof Keys, zkBAB users will be able to verify their Binance KYC without the need to connect a wallet to an application, creating a seamless user experience for mobile and desktop applications.
- Privacy-preserving: the zkBAB allows users to verify that they, in fact, have an associated BAB, without the need for revealing any other information; i.e., wallet address, transactions, additional fungible or nonfungible assets, and any other on-chain information isn’t revealed with the verification of the zkBAB.
Minting Your zkBAB
To mint your zkBAB, you will need three things:
- A MetaMask wallet connected to BNB Chain to obtain and hold your BAB, if you do not have a BAB already.
- A BAB provided by Binance after you have completed Identity Verification on the exchange. If you do not have a BAB yet, you can follow the instructions here to mint a BAB. To mint a BAB, you must have completed KYC verification on Binance.
- The Manta Wallet Beta is a browser extension that enables you to access all of the ZK-enabling features brought to you by the fastest ZK L1, Manta Network. To download the extension, visit the Chrome Web Store.
Minting the zkBAB Through NPO
The NFT Private Offering (NPO) platform on Manta Network allows you to mint the zkBAB as well as future zkSBTs and zkNFTs available through the Manta Network ecosystem. After you have obtained your BAB and successfully installed the Manta Wallet onto your browser, you can head over to the NPO page to mint your zkBAB.
A Guide to Minting zkBABs
Minting a zkBAB
Mint a BAB About zkBABs The NPO Page Download Manta Wallet Manta Network has officially launched its first zkSBT…
For a full, detailed guide on how to mint your zkBAB, you can read through our Minting a zkBAB tutorial document.
Once you connect your MetaMask wallet to the NPO, the platform will attempt to detect your BAB. If the wallet you have connected contains a BAB, you can proceed to mint an NFT; if a BAB isn’t detected, you can try to switch to another wallet that holds the BAB.
After successfully detecting your BAB, you can proceed to mint your zkBAB! Because the zkBAB is minted on Calamari Network, you will need the native token, $KMA, to pay gas fees. Don’t worry, you can obtain $KMA for free from the NPO faucet. A button will appear after your BAB is detected, which you can click to obtain some $KMA to pay for the minting gas fee.
Once successfully minted, your zkBAB will be linked to your zkAddress. Your zkAddress is a privacy-enhanced wallet address that contains zkAssets, zkNFTs, and zkSBTs including the zkBAB. It is available through the Manta Wallet at any time.
Congratulations! You have successfully minted your zkBAB. Make sure to bookmark the Manta Network NPO platform page, so you can continue to mint future zkSBTs and zkNFTs.
About Manta Network
Manta Network is the Layer 1 blockchain that brings programmable privacy to web3 using zero-knowledge proofs. Its core products and technologies suite, including zkNFTs and MantaPay, offer user-friendly access to powerful ZK-enabled use cases. Leveraging the Poseidon hash and its own cryptographic innovations, Manta Network offers the fastest prover speed of any ZK network.
The project is created by a team of experienced founders from prestigious institutions like Harvard, MIT, and Algorand. Manta Network has received investments from some of the top web3 investment funds, including Binance Labs and Polychain, and has grown through participation in some of the best web3 accelerators, including Alliance and Berkeley Blockchain Xcelerator.
Manta Network is poised to onboard the next generation of Web3 users and usher in a new chapter of privacy-focused Web3 applications.